JICS Logistic Ltd, an existing company promoted by S/Shri Jai Narayan Jhawar, Shri Anil Jhawar and Shri Pranav Jhawar, is engaged in providing warehousing and allied services across the country for agricultural commodities and other products.
In the post green revolution era, there is a significant growth in the production and productivity in the Indian agriculture. The country has become self sufficient in food grains and achieved a remarkable growth in the production of pulses, oilseed and fibers to meet the requirement of the country. Although our farming community toiled hard, it could not get real benefit of the growth in the economy due to non availability of fully integrated infrastructure and storage facility, as the farmers were forced to sell their product immediately after the harvest at a low price. Thus the farmers lose heavily on their investments. JICS is providing warehousing facilities in 40 cities/ towns across India and currently managing and operating 200 warehouses for various commodities and the company has been very aggressive in expanding its activities and is an approved associate of NCDEX all over India. It also acts as a depository member for NCDEX at all the warehousing location.
Advantages of JICS Proposed Warehouses:
The major problem is that the country lacks modern warehouses thus JICS plans to offer a hi-tech world class fully integrated warehousing facility. The main highlights of these facilities are as follows:
Modern warehouse will be developed to provide hi-tech facility to the customers plus the warehouse will be designed to protect the stored products from the vagaries of weather and rodents, insects, pests’ etc. and prevents quality and quantity losses.
The produce accepted at the warehouse will be preserved scientifically and protected against rodents, insects and pests and other infestations. Periodical dusting and fumigation will be carried out in order to preserve the goods.
Being the commodity business brought into the purview of futures, conventional warehousing in near future will become obsolete. Previously in customer who stored goods, receives the same grade of goods but with the advent of de materialization the giver and the receiver are all together different. Therefore to make the things regularize in nature one should be equipped with all the latest techniques and thus time demands modern warehouses.
JICS – Integrated Campus Infrastructure:
Each location of the warehouse is being developed as an integrated commercial and trading complex which will provide infrastructure for the related activity in the region.
Each campus will broadly provide the following infrastructure:-
- Dry Bag Storage warehouse
- Bulk grain storage
- Open yard metal storage
- Material Unloading, sorting, weighing bays
- Tank Storage for liquid(Specified Locations)
- Material loading and weighing bays
- Trading Floor for spot and futures markets on NCDEX exchange
- Cold Storage (Specified Locations)
- Testing Laboratory facility which will be affiliated with National Public Laboratory or any other authorized laboratory.
- Intranet connectivity through VSAT
- Providing support for the C & F activities of all the commodities at all the locations. This will include all government registration wherever and whatever applicable.
- To install electronic inventory calculator
- Availability of fork-lifts and other material handling equipments at all the locations depending upon the nature of commodity.
- 24×7 all services
- Tagging and identification of all commodities
- Lodging and boarding facilities
Expansion underway / planned -:
For further expansion, Company has purchased lands at various locations across Pan-India which mainly includes Jaipur, Bikaner, Mumbai, Indore & Kota and has been developing warehousing facilities of its own use in a planned manner.
In Phase I company has been developing warehouses at Jaipur, Bikaner, Mumbai, Indore & Kota in its own capacity.
In Phase II Company is planning to develop warehouses at Alwar, Sriganganagar, Sagar, Akola, Kolapur, Guntur, Nizamabad, Unjha, Cochin, Sangli, Dewas, Mandi Govind Garh, Raipur, Vidisha, Madras, Itarsi.
- JICS provide clean and secure, dry and cold storage facilities, and high quality services – such as handling, weighment, loading /unloading, logistics and transportation management, and warehouse management for complete preservation and protection of commodities. JICS handle all food grains, cereals, pulses, spices, oilseeds, mentha oil, sugar, guar seed, guar gum, etc.